New and Established Patient Appointments (618) 277-3197
Many vaccines are available.
Shingrix and Pneumovax 23 are in stock.
Flu Vaccine will be in stock for the 2022-2023 season around September, 2022.
You do not have to be a patient to receive vaccines.
New Patients are welcome from most insurance plans.
Please note Telemedicine is available, for Medicare, United Health Care Complete, and Humana Medicare.
We are socially distancing and keep corona virus patients outside the office.
- Shiloh's first Family Medicine Physician is Dr. David Mitchell, of The Country Doctor, Ltd, located off Hartman Lane in St. Clair County, Illinois, near the Kingsmart Conoco Service station. At the Family Medicine of Shiloh office, patients receive care from a Board Certified Physician.
- A recent local hospital placed a Facebook video advertisement to encourage vaccination with a physician complaining about signing 600 covid death certificates in 18 months, which would represent a death rate of over one patient a day from covid. As a comparison at the Country Doctor, I have cared for hundreds of covid inpatients and outpatients with two deaths in the last 18 months from covid in patients with preexisting conditions. At the Country Doctor, I follow national treatment guidelines, including when I care for patients at the high quality HSHS St. Elizabeth’s hospital, seven days a week.
- The Country Doctor is the first office in St. Clair County to have 100% of the medical staff vaccinated against the Corona virus.
- New patients are welcome to join the practice. The new patient may want to visit the NEW PATIENT FORMS section. Please bring the completed forms to the initial appointment. Paper forms are available to patients without internet access. Insured and self paying new patients usually are scheduled the same week of the call.
- Same day and next day appointments usually are available to most established patients, who are part of the accepted insurance plans. Two phone lines exist for appointments, 277-3197 or 277-3214.
- If you would like to see Dr. David Mitchell as an inpatient, then please choose St. Elizabeth's Hospital of O'Fallon IL at 234 2120. This the closest, full service, hospital to my office. Please note Dr. Mitchell has privileges at Memorial Hospital. Dr. David Mitchell is in network for HSHS Care360 insurance and Memorial Hospital/Barnes Cigna insurance.
- Why choose The Country Doctor for your care?
- You see the same doctor at each office and hospital visit, meaning you see a doctor who is familiar with your care.
- Care is available Monday-Saturday, to prevent patients from having to go to the emergency department or urgent care centers.
- Dr. David Mitchell cares for inpatients and outpatients. Simply having a familiar person care for you in the office and hospital is very rewarding to the patient and the physician. Seeing the same doctor means a decreased medication error rate and a high rate of quality and reliable care.
- Stability. Dr. David Mitchell grew up in the Belleville/Shiloh area. Dr. David Mitchell has cared for patients at the same location since 2002 and has been a physician since 1999. Dr. David Mitchell survived the 2004 exodus of doctors and built a strong practice of quality patients.
- Cost savings. The Country Doctor is the first St. Clair County practice to publish its common fee schedule. By having a low overhead, the Country Doctor helps the patients save money.
- Email is available at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to e-mail for appointments and nonurgent questions.
- Common vaccines are in stock, including meningitis, shingles, pneumonia, seasonal flu, tetanus/pertussis, and hepatitis A/B.
- In-office lab testing is available with almost immediate results, including for urinalysis, screening for diabetes with a Hemoglobin A1C, and INR coagulation monitoring for patients on warfarin/coumadin. Full lipid/cholesterol panels with glucose testing for annual insurance physicals with 5 minute results are available.
The Country Doctor welcomes the patients who will choose the same doctor for their inpatient and outpatient care in an independent practice setting.
When an established patient calls after hours for an urgent health concern, the patient talks to Dr. David Mitchell. The exchange number is for established patients and health care workers. If you have an after hours urgent question or concern, please call 277-3214. If it is important enough to call Dr. Mitchell, then you must be seen in the office within 48 hours for an evaluation of your medical concern. Please note that a board certified physician, Dr. David Mitchell, personally calls you back for your concern.
Dr. David Mitchell is the only physician to start a solo practice since 2002 and to maintain independence. Dr. David Mitchell continues to see inpatients at St. Elizabeth's HSHS hospital of O'Fallon, Illinois.
- Please feel free to click on the links at the bottom of the page to learn about the practice. Thank you for exploring the website, and we hope that you will find a home for your primary care medical needs at The Country Doctor.
Many vaccines are in stock most of the year. You do not have to be a patient to receive a vaccine.
- Congratulations to St. Elizabeth's Hospital for winning the 2019 BND reader's choice award for the best area hospital.
- St. Elizabeth's Hospital is a full service, chest pain-certified, open heart-certified, orthopedics, pulmonology, neurology, and daily Gastroenterology-covered hospital with all private rooms.
- I am highly impressed with their new administration and nurses, who focus on exceptional and compassionate patient care.